Wallpaper is a controversial topic. The trend is coming back but there are those who believe it belongs in the 90s and beyond. I was never a fan of wallpaper, I thought it was ugly and extremely outdated. Just like anything else, it takes finding the right one to change your opinion about something and that’s all it took for me! Once I found this specific wallpaper I was hooked.
Picking wallpaper can be tricky, there are many different patterns, applications, textures, and colors. Some wallpaper prints work better in certain places while others are versatile and look great in any room. I will be sharing my favorite wallpaper and where I would put them.
House of Hackney Artemis Wallpaper– The star of the show! This pattern made me fall in love with wallpaper. I love the colors of pink and periwinkle-blue flowers, connected with a beautiful vine. The flowers and leaves in this wallpaper are unique and the bronze detailing is mesmerizing.
- I recently used this wallpaper in a powder room design and it looked perfect. This pattern would be a perfect addition to a bedroom as well.
Abaca Grasscloth Wallpaper in Frosted Linen– This wallpaper has an interesting texture made of hand-woven strands of natural fibers. I love this wallpaper specifically for its texture, which adds dimension and character to a room.
- Grasscloth wallpaper is perfect for high-traffic areas such as entryways, living rooms, hallways, and dining rooms. I used this wallpaper in a recent design of a living room and entryway.
Currents Wall Mural in Beige– This wallpaper is so fun! The waves in this design could make any space feel a little calmer. The colors pale pink and grey work very well together and would match any arrangement of furniture.
- This would be perfect in any bedroom! I can picture this in a girl’s room with white or even light grey furniture.
Alannah Botanical Wallpaper in Bone– Another favorite from Burke Decor! This pattern is beautiful and elegant. It is very subtle and perfect for anyone who is not 100% comfortable with wallpaper or bold colors and patterns.
- I can see this wallpaper in bedroom or powder room.
Scalamandre Lo Wallpaper– I love this watercolor wallpaper which is a perfect blend of neutral colors. The shades of neutral grey flow seamlessly together. This design is both traditional and modern.
- This pattern works great in bedrooms or any living space. I used this in a dining room design, and it looked phenomenal in the space.
Alina Wallpaper– The waves in this pattern are soothing and along with the colors. I love the contemporary feel of this wallpaper. It is versatile and would work well with almost any style furniture.
- I would love to see this wallpaper in an entryway. I like the idea of having guests come in and instantly feel calm with the wavey pattern. Because every bedroom should make you feel like you’re in heaven, this wallpaper would complete a bedroom.
Rylee + Cru Tropical Wallpaper– The perfect tropical wallpaper! Most tropical wallpaper patterns have very vivid colors and complex designs. I love this pattern because the colors are muter and the pattern is simple yet beautiful.
- This wallpaper would be perfect for a nursery or a kid’s bedroom. I could also see in a breakfast nook.
Judarn Mural– The mural that made me love all murals! I love the colors and the style of painting of this mural.
- I could see this mural wallpaper in a music room or study/home office. It deserves to be in a room where creativity is constantly flowing!
Cabaret Wallpaper– This pattern is moody and gives a vintage feel. It reminds me a lot of the Great Gatsby as it is elegant as well.
- An entryway or hallway would be the perfect place to put this wallpaper. I could also see it in a study or library.
Anthropology Thin Air Wallpaper– This is another wallpaper that is perfect for someone who is not comfortable with bold colors or patterns. The colors are very subtle and so is the pattern.
- I used this in a design for a girl’s room and it looked perfect in the space! It would also look great in a powder bathroom.
I know that wallpaper is not everyone’s cup of tea but I hope that my sharing of these wallpaper patters shows you that not all wallpaper is ulgy and outdated
Until next time!